Properties and benefits

Posted: July 1, 2024 By:



Properties and benefits

Les bienfaits de l'Huile


The olive is made of water, oil and solid matter. Once the olive has been pressed, the oil contains 98% of fat, the remaining 2% are essentially made of polyphenol, squalene, streols and tocopherol.

The fat of the olive oil is made of tryglicerids, themselves composed of fatty acids The acidity of the oil tells its quality. An extra virgin oil has an acidity rate of less than 0,8% and its gustatory and sanitary properties will take more time to worsen. Fatty acids, main component of the olive oil, will improve the digestibility by slowing the secretion of gastric acid. As it is rich in polyphenols, it can prevent some cancers and helps to fight against the oxydation of cells.

In association with a mediterranean diet, it prevents cardiovascular diseases, high blood pressure and coronary incidents. The better the quality (olives harvested when they are green, freshly pressed, limited watering and trees cut regularly, no treatment, mechanical press), the richer in plyphenols it will be and the higher its gustatory and sanitary properties will be.